Do the amount of chemicals and pesticides used in food make you worried about your family’s health? It is scary to know that the food that we consume these days is loaded with harmful chemicals. I’ve been considering to move my family to an entirely organic diet.
There definitely is a variance in price and you may spend a bit more money moving on to an organic diet, but nothing is worth risking your family’s health due to devastating health problems and diseases that these chemicals have been proven to cause.
- Organic foods have been proven to contain 50% more vitamins, minerals and nutrients than similar food that is produced non organically. There are tons of incredible benefits of eating organic food, here we will go over the top few reasons that made me believe that I and my family should eat organic.
- Organic Food Tastes Better: Fruits and Vegetables grown organically almost always taste better because of the absence of chemicals in them. In a number of studies people who have done taste tests almost always choose the wonderful taste of organic food over processed and food tainted by chemicals.
- Organic Food is free of Chemicals and Pesticides: One of the biggest health benefits of organic food is that it is free of chemicals and pesticides. Absence of harmful chemicals means healthier and nutrient dense food. According to a State of Science Review done in 2008, organic food has more nutritional superiority than its non-organic counterparts.
- Organic Food is richer in antioxidants: Some studies show that organic foods may have more antioxidants compared to commercial varieties. A 2012 study in the “Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture” discovered higher antioxidants, including vitamin C, in organic broccoli compared to conventional.
- Organic Food is free on antibiotic residue: Organically raised animals are not given antibiotic additives; therefore, organic diary and meats products do not contain these residues.
- Organic Food is fresher when it reaches you: Organic food is usually fresher because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer. Organic produce is often (but not always, so watch where it is from) produced on smaller farms near where it is sold.
- Organic Food supports animal welfare: Animal welfare is an important aspect of producing organic milk, organic meat, organic poultry, and organic fish. People feel happy that the animals are not confined to a miserable caged life when they eat organic animal products.
- Organic Food is better on the environment: As harmful chemicals are not used in organic farming, there is minimal soil, air and water pollution; thus ensuring a safer and healthier world for future generations to live in.
- Organic Milk is healthier: Recent research conducted on organic milk has shown that it has more antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, CLA, and vitamins than non-organic milk.
- Supports the Local Economy:Purchasing organic, especially from the farmer’s market, supports your local community’s economy, creating jobs and keeping farmers thriving.