Sundrop Peanut butter is a food paste made primarily from ground dry roasted peanuts, popular in North America, Netherlands, UK, and parts of Asia, particularly in Philippines & Indonesia.
This is my first ever experience with such a healthy non-dairy based butter. Butter in traditional Indian way has always been connected with a diary product, but this is different from the traditional approach that made me purchase this peanut butter. I was very curious to open and taste it because so far I have tried only home made white butter or readymade salted butter.
I picked up Sundrop peanut butter from Auchaan Hypermarket few days back.
You can actually get the taste of real roasted peanuts in this butter, but it is little sweet that makes it little different from our traditional butter. I feel it is really a very good complimentary for bread and sandwiches but not suitable for Indian paranthas which itself is spicy.
For my kid who always hates regular butter, loves licking peanut butter without any bread slice or snacks.
What does the brand say:
Sundrop Peanut Butter is a power packed spread loaded with proteins (25% of each serving is made up of proteins). You get as much proteins from 11/2 tablespoons (24g) of Sundrop Peanut Butter as from a large glass of Cow’s Milk (200 ml)*
Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar, stabilizer(mono & diglycerides of fatty acids) and iodized salt.
Price- Rs 250 for 462gms
Shelf life More than 1 year
- Creamy – smooth like traditional butter melts into your mouth
- Crunchy – it is creamy with added crunch of crushed peanuts.
Pros of Sundrop Peanut Butter Creamy:
- Full of fiber and protein which makes it filling. That means it will satisfy your hunger pangs with less quantity
- Fully packed with antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, immunity booster Vitamin B6 and so many other nutrients
- Very high contents of protein and lesser calories as compared to normal butter
- Wonderful and healthy breakfast option
- Boon for vegetarians because generally they have less protein diet but peanut butter is rich in protein that will fulfill protein deficiency
- Diet followers need not be afraid of butter now; they can switch from normal to peanut butter
- Available in unbreakable plastic jar, which makes it handy
Cons of Sundrop Peanut Butter Creamy
- It is sweet in taste which might make it less interesting for us Indians as we like our butter salty
- Expensive as compared to regular butter
My Grocery Confessions Verdict for Sundrop Peanut Butter Creamy
- Would I buy Sundrop Peanut Butter Creamy again – Yes for sure, it tastes great and is healthy too
- Rating for Sundrop Peanut Butter Creamy: 4 out of 5
If I compare benefits of peanut butter with regular butter, I would recommend it for sure